Does this support re-rendering the overlay in fullscreen DX ?

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I have this library working and can easily see changes made to the overlay when running normally (not in directX full screen mode).

As soon as I run an emulator (eg: Mame full screen) the video overlay is present as normal but instead of the display changing as before it is static. I can turn the overlay OFF and ON while the full screen game is playing but rendering changes are not done at all (perhaps this is a locking issue?).

I am running the managed library with a C# application that uses a key-hook to read keypresses without needing focus in Windows XP. I can see from my debugging that the code is being executed but apart from tuning the overlay OFF and ON there is nothing I can do while MAME is running full screen. As soon as I run the same Direct X app in window mode the overlay behaves as it should (I can see rendering changes).

The same thing happens with the demo application that cycles between different values (YUV/RBS/16bit/24bit/  ...etc...). It runs as normal but when a directX app goes full screen the changes to the overlay are no longer shown (but the overlay is still present in a static state).

Can this be fixed? I would love to write a virtual keyboard application using a hardware video overlay technique in C#! but I need to be able to *change* the overlay graphics while a game is running full screen!

Oct 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Hey guys,

so did u fixed that?

Thanks!