An unmanaged C++ library to create, manage and draw to DirectDraw overlays. A C++/CLI wrapper for .NET clients is included.
DirectDraw overlays are special DirectDraw surfaces that are shown over everything else, including full-screen games and applications. They can be used to implement programs like XFire that display information during full-screen game operation.
The library is licensed under the
. The sample is licensed under the MIT license.
The library and samples are in beta. They seem to be working fine on pre-Windows-Vista systems, but are experiencing problems under Vista. The managed wrapper is available in the latest source, and is packaged as a library in
Details on the sample can be found
How to get it
. The latest unmanaged release is
, and the latest managed release is
How to build it
To build the library and its tests:
- Download Boost
- Set the environment variable BOOST to point to its location
- Build the library project with Visual Studio
To build the sample:
- Download wxWidgets 2.8.3
- Build the configurations "Debug Unicode DLL" and "Release Unicode DLL"
- Set the environment variable WXWIN to point to the wxWidgets root folder
- Build the sample project with Visual Studio